- Create Project: Create a new premiere project eg: workflow1
- Import asset
- To import assets already existing in eMAM, go to assets tab, search for the asset, select it and click on Import
- Select the Appropriate option from the “Link Assets To” option depending on whether you need to link with the original media or the mezzanine format. In this case, we have selected Mezzanine Format Premiere
This will import the ‘F1break test’ asset from eMAM to Premiere project workflow1
We can import multiple assets from eMAM like this, but make sure, the machine in which Premiere pro is running is able to connect to the eMAM asset storage location. In case of a MAC, we need to mount the storage volume to the machine.
- Import Assets from local folder: Under Premiere projects tab, right click and select “Import”. Select the file from local desktop.
Now we have two assets in the project ‘F1break test’ and ‘Regera at Geneva 2016.mp. One imported from eMAM and the other one added from local drive.
- Now we will create a sequence and do some editing on those clips
Once we are done with editing, we can export the project to eMAM.
- Export Project to eMAM: Go to the Project tab in the eMAM panel and click on “Export”
- Project Metadata window will open up to confirm below details:
5.1 Select Files: Based on which are the files and sequences that needs to be exported as part of the project in to eMAM, select those files. Under Select Files tab, we can see that there are the two assets in the Premiere project: one with an “e” symbol which means the asset is already there in eMAM and the other one is a new asset added from the local drive. eMAM panel will not list the effects, title etc. in the select files tab.
5.2 Select Sequences: Here we can see the new sequences we have created in the project. There is also an Export Format and Export preset options, which can be used to create the highres sequence format after the final editing.
5.3 Select eMAM Proxy options: Here we can select how to create the proxy files for eMAM. We can either select :
o Adobe Media encoder: This will use the editing Premiere pro machine for creating the Proxy. (In this case, we can use only the “OriginalWithProxy” ingest profile)
o eMAM Managed Transcoding : In this option eMAM managed transcoders will do the Proxy creation. (In this case, we can use only the “ManagedTranscode” ingest profile so we have selected the “eMAM managed Transcoding” option to create Proxy files).
Here we cannot specify the “Transcoding preset” since the proxy dimensions depend up on how the transcoder is configured.
5.4 Project Details: We can add other project details in Project details
5.5 Categories: Similarly select the Categories to which the newly added assets needs to be added,
5.6 User Tags: Select tags that needs to be associated with assets.
5.7 Custom Metadata: Select custom metadata details.
After adding all the necessary details click on “Add” to start the export. Make sure to select the files and sequences we need to add to eMAM before clicking “Add”. It will take some time to export the sequences, and move the files to ingest folder.
For any more editing on this project, we need to wait till the assets get ingested to eMAM.
- Use the eMAM Director Dashboard to see the asset ingest status. Once the export is completed we can see the added items in the dashboard. Only the asset added from the local drive is listed here, since the other one already exists in eMAM.
- After the items are ingested successfully, we can see them under the project in eMAM Director and preview the new asset by clicking on the “PREVIEW” widget
Also by clicking on the sequence, we can preview the sequence in the “TIMELINE PREVIEW” widget.