Create an asset in eMAM and associate information such as Basic Metadata, Custom Metadata,Categories, Projects,Sub-clips, Markers via Sidecar XML Ingest.
Please follow the steps below,
- Create and configure a Sidecar XML Ingest profile in the eMAM Super Admin Interface. Please keep in mind that we have to choose the Xcode Type as 'SidecarXMLIngest'.
2. Prepare the list of assets that needs to be ingested to eMAM.
3. Create an XML file that holds the file details (such as Basic Metadata, Custom Metadata,Categories, Projects,Sub-clips, Markers ). Below is a sample XML file structure,
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<asset file-name="Stock Footage.mov" ingest-action="create-new-asset" file-action="copy-file" file-path="\\10.0.20.118\UNIT_1\Ingest_XML">
<description>Stock Footage videos</description>
<field standard-id="CUST_FLD_ALTERNATIVE TITLE_10">Stock Video</field>
<marker name="Stock marker" time-code="00:00:01:10" duration="00:00:00:00">Marker1</marker>
<subclip name="Stock subclip1" start-time="00:00:01:43" end-time="00:00:03:43" />
<project name="XML Project" />
<category name="Video Files" />
4. After creating the XML, it will be good if you could validate the XML using online software or try to open it in Mozilla Firefox browser. If the XML is shown as a result, then there won't be a schematic error.
5. After all the required details are entered in the XML, drop the XML to the corresponding sidecar ingest profile folder.
6. You can monitor the status of the ingest in eMAM Director>Dashboard widget.Ingest tab.
7. If the XML processing fails, you will get the corresponding error response under the description column in the dashboard. You can correct the same and re ingest or resubmit it replacing the old.